Thursday April 13: I have to leave Nepal and fly home to the USA

 

Thursday was a bittersweet day. I can't believe that my five months here has come to an end and I have to return to the USA. 

In the morning, Jenny and I walked up the 1000 steps to the giant golden Buddha and the Hindu temple. Surprisingly, I didn't take any photos. At the top, we stopped and had coffee at the Uncle Sam restaurant. It was a delightful walk and a great way to conclude my time in Nepal.

After returning to the DLR, we enjoyed one last breakfast there and finished our packing.

Dash picked us up around 1:30PM and drove us to the Kathmandu airport. Amazingly, Nisha, Anil and Manisha all were present at the airport to say goodbye. These people are so incredible. Even now, writing this, I am a bit chocked up with emotion. I have forged indelible bond with these people.

\


We had a 6 PM Qatar Airlines flight to Doha which left on time. The flight was uneventful. We had a five-hour layover in the Doha airport, where we ate and rested in a lounge while awaiting our 1:30AM departure to DFW USA. 



Comments

Popular Posts