My LAST "Happy Friday" from Nepal!

Today I realized that this is my LAST Friday in Nepal.

I spent the morning at the dental school. Here I am consulting with Drs Anil & Harleen on a CBCT of an interesting tooth.

At 1:00 PM, A hospital car & driver drove me to the Marriott hotel in Kathmandu. I checked in for 2 nights here. The Nepal Implant Society of Dentistry (NISD) is having its annual meeting here (with more than 250 attendees). In will be a speaker tomorrow. These are the views from my room. This is a really nice hotel. I can see the Kumari Inn way off in the distance from my room's window.



I had an early supper at the all-day restaurant. The waiter, sensing I was a tourist, suggested I try some Nepali or Indian cuisine. I told him that I have had plenty of that over the past 5 months and that I was really hoping for some American comfort food at this "American" hotel. I selected Spaghetti Bolognese. The meat sauce was made with "Buff" and not beef, but it resembled something American. I also had a side order of Naan bread. I managed to eat 2/3's of both the spaghetti and the bread.

There was an official dinner tonight for the speakers of the meeting, but I declined. I have a phone call to the USA at midnight, so I am going to bed early.

Jennifer is scheduled to land in Kathmandu tomorrow morning at 10:00AM. She has just now landed in Doha, Qatar, so after a lengthy layover and another 5 hours flying, she will get here. Dashrath and I will meet her. Then I am speaking at the meeting at 12:30. It is ironic for an endodontist to be speaking at a dental implant meeting. I am honored to be included in their program.

Tomorrow I will be able to count my remaining nights in Nepal on a single hand.







 

Comments

Popular Posts