Monday, April 3: Momos for lunch.

 I didn't post a blog yesterday (Sunday) because I didn't take any photos. I got a morning ride back to my Dhulikhel apartment. Then I took my laundry to the cleaners, withdrew some rupees from the bank, and paid the hospital for my 5 months of apartment rent. In the afternoon I packed up one of my two "checked luggage" suitcases for my return. My days are now so few, I needed to prepare for my exit.

I spent today, Monday, at the dental school. Manisha's husband is here visiting. He just got accepted to a biochemistry PhD program through Kathmandu University Dhulikhel Hospital. Their 9 year-old daughter, Sayana, was at the school too. 


Manisha's husband, Narayam, brought these "treat" cookies from where he lives/works in S central Nepal. The box says they are made with ghee. They taste super sweet and buttery. I didn't care for the taste or the texture.

I captured Siras taking a selfie with Sayana.

We all went to the cash canteen for lunch. Monday is momo day at the cash canteen. I had chicken momos and a delicious broth soup (like miso). Dr Kafle joined us after these pics were taken. This kitchen pic shows the staff making chicken momos by hand. The big momo steamer is on the far left.




Back at the clinic, I saw this heroic case.

After school, I took my daily solar-heated shower and then walked into town to pick up my laundry. On my way, I saw this woman planting (something) by hand.


After getting my clothes, I went to the Bamboo Cafe rooftop patio. I "had a coke and smile." I wasn't really hungry. but ordered some french fries and chicken "stripes."




On my walk back I took this photo of street chickens. I have probably walked past these chickens 60 times. The rooster is tethered by a string around his leg. I'm assuming that by keeping him there, the other chickens remain close too?


This dog ran across the street to bark at this calf. Then the dog got distracted by a bush that needed to be sniffed.


Back at my apartment I saw the sunset. The sun has moved so far north now that I can barely see the sun set.










Comments

Popular Posts