Friday April 14: Arriving Back in Dallas, Texas, USA

 Our flight from Doha to DFW departed nearly on time. This is a 15 hour and 45 minute flight! Even though we had comfortable seats, this is a brutally long flight. I managed to sleep some. Jenny hardly slept at all.

We landed in DFW before 10 AM and were quickly through immigration and customs. I was amazed at how expeditious that process was. I requested a Uber black SUV to transport us from the airport to my house. This was a comfortable black Suburban type vehicle which accommodated our 3 HUGE suitcases and 2 medium size suitcases. Seeing this huge SUV with this luggage made me marvel at how we were able to fit all of that luggage into Dash's much smaller EV car to get to the airport in Nepal! When this Uber ride cost almost $140, I could not help but think of how all of my ride-shares in Kathmandu were typically five dollars or less! I guess that is my "Welcome to America!"

Arriving at my house, Jenny and I took this photo. Looking at this now is somehow reminiscent of the American Gothic painting. I think we look tired. We were tired: exhausted.

Jennifer soon fell asleep. I couldn't sleep, so I began unpacking and resettling. I unpacked my "momentos." Only one glass photo frame was broken in transit.

I weighed myself and found that I had lost 19 lbs over the past 5 months. 

I started up my washing machine and charged up my cars' batteries. 

After Jenny had some rest, we went out for a celebratory "Happy Friday" Mexican-food meal at El Fenix (with margaritas!). I ate too much.



I was asleep before 8:00PM -- exhausted from jet-lag. Remember, Nepal is nearly 12 hours opposite of Dallas!









Comments

Popular Posts