Thursday, March 23: Back to Kathmandu

 I awoke in my Dhulikhel Hospital apartment bed. I made myself a PB&J sandwich and a banana for breakfast.

Dawn and Ann made me jealous by sending me photos of a magnificent clear view of the Himalayas from the DLR.

Later, at school, Dawn posed with my magnificent and monstrous momento.

Before 2:00PM, the three of us loaded into Dr. Kafle's car and drove to Kathmandu. He dropped Dawn, Ann & me off at the Yak & Yeti Hotel in the Thamel District. The Y&Y is a historic KTM hotel where many Everest climbers have stayed. Consequently, it was on Dawn's "bucket list" to stay here.

Dawn & Ann headed off for a walk and shopping. I settled into my room and then went for a walkabout to find some food. I found a Pizza Hut! The menu was unlike those in the US. Chicken or chicken sausage were the only meats. I ordered a cheese pizza. It reminded me of Pizza Hut in the US, but still was somehow not quite the same. I think the cheese is different. This meal cost me around $5US. 


The Y&Y is more than $120/night more expensive than my typical ($17/night) Kumari Inn Guesthouse in Kathmandu -- and it is really not any more comfortable. I chose to stay at the Y&Y for 2 reasons: 1. To stay at the same place as Dawn and Ann, and 2. Because on Friday, I am attending a function at Bashanitpur Durbar Square which is nearby (walking distance) from the Y&Y. On Saturday, when Dawn & Ann Leave Nepal, I will relocate to the Kumari Inn. I expect to be in Kathmandu until Tuesday, when I will return to Dhulikhel.



Comments

Popular Posts