Saturday: I relocated across KTM and relaxed

I woke up in my room at the Yak & Yeti hotel in the Thamel district of Kathmandu. Dawn & Ann had left very early this morning to fly to Bhutan. My shower water wasn't as dirty brown as yesterday, so I took a shower. 

After yesterday's disappointing breakfast at the Y&Y, this morning I went on a walkabout to find breakfast elsewhere. I didn't find any breakfast restaurants (only coffeeshops). However, I did see the end of a 10k roadrace.


So I returned to the Y&Y and paid another $16 for their breakfast buffet. I did manage to snag a great window seat, so that added some value. And their bacon was actually pretty good.


Check out time was noon, so I lounged at the Y&Y until then. Then I caught an InDrive taxi ($3.50US) to take me across KTM to the Kumari Inn. I checked in, settling into one of only two rooms that I have ever stayed in there. Today is room 105. The Inn is still undergoing construction to add two upper levels, so there is a lot of construction noise. These photos show the amazing bamboo scaffolds that are commonplace in Nepal -- held together with twine! 





I did some computer work at my desk. The view of KTM was surprisingly clear and unpolluted today.


Later I walked down to the Cups Cafe for a late lunch and/or early dinner. I had a coffee, a coke, some delicious chicken soup and some  (not so delicious) french fries. My bill was $4.00US.


I picked up a few snacks a a street shop and returned to the Kumari Inn. I took a brief nap and watched some videos.

Tomorrow morning I am returning to Dhulikhel with Dr. Kafle.




Comments

Popular Posts