Tuesday: Day 2 of the Regional Fulbright Conference

 I saw the sun rise as I headed to the hotel breakfast buffet. I had strawberry flakes cereal with cold milk and raisin bread toast, along with two eggs both sides, some excellent bacon and coffee.




My first session this morning included two Nepal student Fulbrighters -- gotta support the home team! I met another load of very interesting people today -- Fulbrighters with interesting backgrounds and projects.


The lunch was interesting. There were long tables with big (maybe banana) leafs as "plates." Then a parade of servers glopped stuff on the leaf. I ate the baby banana, the tortilla-like crisps and some of the plain rice. 




In the late afternoon, I was invited to participate in an Educator Roundtable. There were interesting discussions of the challenges Fulbrighters face as foreign educators.

I walked along the "lake" as the sun lowered.

In the evening there was a "Carnatic Dance" performance (I had to look that up). It was alon g the waterfront. The dance was great, but after a half hour, the mosquitos were swarming me, so I left before the dinner was served. This is a malaria area. I have mefloquine, but I haven't started taking it. Maybe I should?


I had dinner (indoors) at the hotel's buffet restaurant ($21). It was actually really good. I had a second helping of the shrimp/prawns and the pad thai.







Comments

Popular Posts