Wednesday: Another 1000(+) steps!

Wednesday morning was spectacular with warm sunshine and clearer skies. The Himalayas played "peek-a-boo" as the clouds moved around. These photos don't do justice to the magnificence of the views. In these images you can't appreciate the depth and the height of the mountains in the distance.






Dawn & Ann found Apps that could label the mountains in the distance with name and height. That technology is amazing. They just pointed their phones' cameras at the mountains and the display showed the information.

After breakfast, I packed up my backpack, checked out of the DLR, and relocated back to my apartment at the hospital. My bill for 12 nights at the DLR was $500 for my room (but I think a few nights were "comped" because I was a speaker at the endo meeting). On top of that, my food and beverage bill was $250, but that included several big dinners with multiple guests. That bill included 16 Gorka beers. I know that I only drank a few of those. I assume my guests enjoyed the others. I did not quibble about my bill. The DLR has treated me exceptionally well. It is a bargain at any price. I'll be back there once more in 2 weeks, right before I return to the US.

At school, I saw this tooth with a retained "artifact."

Dawn, Ann and I left school a bit early so we could walk the "1000 steps." You will recall that I did this hike with Susan last Saturday. The weather was fabulous today -- shirtsleeve weather. Here Ann & Dawn are at the entrance to the 1000 steps.

The first stop is the huge Golden Buddha.


Then at the ridgetop is a Hindu temple with spectacular views.


After descending, we stopped for dinner at the Bamboo Cafe. The open rooftop was too chilly, so we sat indoors. Dawn has become a fan of the "hot lemon with honey" beverages served here in Nepal


Dawn & Ann then headed back to the DLR and I went back to my hospital apartment. On my way, I picked up some bananas and bread for my breakfast (PB&J). I appreciate how the street scenes are different at different times of the day. In the evenings, with darkness and electric lights, the street shops have a totally distinct character.


Comments

  1. Thanks for capturing my most auspicious presence in these photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts