Monday in Kochi. The Fulbright conference begins in earnest.

 This resort offers a huge and diverse buffet breakfast. They had cornflakes and cold milk, so I had cereal. Despite twenty simmering pots of Indian cuisine, I welcomed some cornflakes. Cold milk is almost impossible to find. Warm/hot milk is commonplace.


Before the keynote address, I took this selfie with Rachya (the Fulbright program manager from Kathmandu) and Rachel (a student Fulbrighter in Lalitpur, Nepal). Rachya told me that another dentist Fulbrighter will be coming to Nepal (this July). She didn't have many details, but it sounds like he is a genetic researcher and not a clinical dentist. Maybe I have blazed a trail?

I found my friend, Jenna Biedscheid and we took this selfie (that I sent off to her Dad in Colorado). Jenna had a presentation early in the afternoon describing her project in Nepal. I attended and applauded her.

I had a presentation later in the afternoon. I talked about my perceptions of the differences between dental education in Nepal and the US. My theme: Same, but different.


I watched the sun set from my room's balcony. It is delightfully warm here.

Fulbright had an evening  dinner event with a celebrated Kerala author speaking. I deceided to stay in my room to get this blog caught up. I ordered some room service food ($15). It was good -- but waaaay toooo much food. Naan, hot & sour soup and grilled chicken breasts.

Ok, the blog is now all caught up, so now I am going to bed! Tomorrow is more Fulbright meetings.









Comments

Popular Posts