Monday-Monday

I had an 8:30 AM lecture to a variety of faculty and dental interns. My topic today was endodontic access cavity preparation.


I learned that these two general dentists are applying for positions with the Nepal Army (as dentists). I briefly told them about the joys and rewards of my military career and I wished them well. Anil wrote them letters of recommendation.

Manisha spent the morning proctoring the 3rd year dental student examinations. It was a 3 hour test with both multiple-choice and (long) essay questions. I looked at the test and doubted whether I could have passed it. It was focused on public health / community dentistry topics (no clinical / endo questions).

The dental interns took their national licensure exam over the weekend. It is a comprehensive written exam. The Dhulikhel interns had a 100% pass rate (however the national pass rate may be less than 50%?). This reflects well on the Dhulikhel school. Some interns can begin working immediately, while others still have 3 months of clinic time to complete. The school's graduation ceremony is not until May.

I consulted with Siras on this interesting case that is scheduled for endo surgery.

Today was maybe the first cloudy day here. Consequently, without the sunshine, it felt much cooler.

We had lunch at the cash canteen. I bought chicken momos and clear (broth/miso/onion-type) soup for the four of us ($3.50). I ate 3 momos. I really enjoy that soup.
.

Then we walked over to the main canteen and had tea and doughnuts.


Public displays of affection are not exhibited in Nepal. Women and girls are frequently seen holding hands, but it only represents their close friendship bond. 


Comments

Popular Posts