It is already the last day of January! It was another busy day!

 I saw the sun rise from both outside the dental school and from its rooftop patio.



Siras and I had an 8:00AM Seminar with the final-year students, where they did peer teaching. Today they presented on dental cements. It was actually a great review for me.


At 9:00AM I went next door to the auditorium in the library building and attended the graduation ceremony for the certificate nursing students. I learned that this is a 3-year certificate program that is now being phased out. They have graduated more than 700 nurses since 1998, but only one more class will graduate. The emphasis has changed to B.S.N. nursing degrees. 


Dr. Ram said some remarks (in Nepali).


They had 2 big tents set up outside for some refreshments, but I returned to the dental school.

At the department, Siras was holding a topical review seminar with some of the final  year students.
  

Manisha was working on a tough case and was here discussing it with Anil and me.
She used her apex locator to confirm her working length.

Some preclinical students were working on extracted tooth projects.

As we left the building for lunch, we saw workers erecting a bamboo scaffold. They are planning to remove / tear down the large overhang above the school's front entrance. Because this entrance will be blocked during the construction, everyone will have to enter through our department. That will be a lot of traffic.


We went to the cash canteen for lunch. I had some biryani (an Indian rice dish --veg).

My chums had this cold and spicy wei-wei salad. Manisha brought some precooked sardines (or smelt?) from home, and the canteen heated them to eat whole.

After lunch, the clinic remained busy. Here, Siras helps one student while Anil helps another. 


I spent most of my other time today readying my presentations for my Saturday endo surgery lecture. Tomorrow after school/work, I will be relocating to Kathmandu for 4 nights.

























Comments

Popular Posts