Tuesday in Nepal

At 8AM this morning we watched two final year dental students give a peer-education presentation on isolation for dental treatment (including rubber dam).

Later in the morning, I observed these dental assistants unpacking a load of dental materials (mostly composite materials) brought from Germany by our visiting exchange student, Nis.

I saw these guys sorting tomatoes at the Canteen.

I watched Anil grade first year students' projects.

At 11AM, I was invited to a meeting that presented the Hospital's new Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines/Manual. Nurse Jeny Shrestha (shown here), others and I were the authors of this 111 page document. 





Although a lunch was served following the Hospital's launch of its Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines/Manual, I elected to have lunch with the endodontists. They took me off the hospital campus to the nearby Tik Tok Burger House. While we were waiting for our food, Manisha phoned my laundry -- and learned that my laundry was ready. It was nearby to the restaurant so we walked over and picked it up. It cost about $7 US for 17 pieces. Then back at the restaurant, I noticed a guy at the table next to ours who had ordered a "Buff" (water buffalo) burger. He let me take this photo.



I ate chicken momos and naan bread. My colleagues ate that plus a large order of buff momos in soup and two orders of egg curry. Having visited the ATM this morning, I picked up the check for lunch. It cost less than $10 US.


Back at school, I saw this obturation film of a C-shaped mandibular second molar.

I saw this prisoner (in the red shirt) being treated. Similar to treatment of prisoners in the US, he was shackled and had 2 guards (with their backs to my camera) accompanying him.











 

Comments

Popular Posts