Tuesday Nov 29

 At school this morning, I watched Drs. Anil and Manisha expertly complete a surgical endodontic procedure.


This was my lunch at the canteen. The potato curry stew was just spicy enough and not too spicy. I also had tea and half a donut for dessert. I ate too much -- I was soooo full!

I saw the canteen cooks preparing this huge bin of beautiful eggplants (or aubergines -- as they say in Europe).

Of the hundreds of stray dogs I have seen in the past 2 weeks, this one is my favorite. It is kind of heartbreaking to see how many there are. I have been told to not engage these wild dogs as they are unpredictable. This one seems to be the pack leader outside of the canteen. I want to take him home and make him a pet... but I won't.

After work, I went to the street market and bought some bottled water, some bananas and some oranges. The bananas here are smaller in the US -- actually just the right size for a single serving -- and they have more banana flavor than those from US supermarkets.














Comments

Popular Posts