Wednesday: Yoyo-ing back to KTM!

 The department's office water boiler for Nescafe coffee died last weekend. So this morning I brought the water boiler that came with my apartment. You might call it a "hotpot." When I moved into my apartment, Dr. Kafle looked at this water boiler and said, "That's not very good. You should buy a new one." So I bought a new one that works awesome and I have actually never used the original one until today. I took it to the office and gave it to Manisha. She cleaned it up, filled with water and plugged it in. It literally took half an hour to make the water boil. But it did boil, so we enjoyed coffee.


Here Anil and Manisha are reviewing a case.

This dental intern has designed the flyer for next weeks CBCT/Dental Radiology CE Course. Anil & Manisha are critiquing it. I am remaining neutral.

We went to lunch at the cash canteen. They had this traditional Newari plate with beaten rice and they had samosas too. I had a donut and milk tea. The blackening of the donut is from it being reheated in a wok. The milk tea always forms this weird "skin" on the surface. Is that milk proteins?




We left school late today (around 4 PM). Because of road construction, we took this detour through potato fields West of the school. The white dots in the fields are women field workers. 


Here we are driving through Banepa.

We arrived at Dash's office 1/2 hour late for his first appointment. A VIP was in the waiting room (but I can't tell you who that was!). This is the "Braces and Faces" clinic building. The sign on the roof says "DENTAL."

I took an InDrive ride from there across town to the Kumari Inn. InDrive is like Uber.

I saw this great sunset along the way.

After getting settled at the Kumari Inn, I walked down the street to the EG Burger House for dinner. I tried the "corndog" -- it was nasty (1/2 chicken hot dog and 1/2 cheese). 

Next I tried the boneless fried chicken. It was mystery meat. I only ate one piece. But I ate all of the french fries and drank the Coke.


Namaste!


 

Comments

Popular Posts